Friday 31 March 2017

Foliage & Flowers at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello again and welcome to my inspiration for the new challenge today over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog which for the next fortnight has the theme of Foliage & Flowers so trees, leaves and flowers are the order of the day.
I've made a simple card with a stencil and some stamps on a kraft card blank.


I really love this pretty snowdrop stencil and used a layering technique in order to make it really pop on the kraft card. I first used DecoArt Americana Lush Foliage paint and white Gesso but as this wasn't quite a strong enough contrast, I layered Distress marker and pencil crayon over the top. I then drew round the outside of the sections with a Crushed Olive Distress marker.
I stamped the butterfly wings from That's Crafty! Lynne's Affirmations stamp set 1 on a scrap of yellow and orange Gelli print paper using Fern Green Archival ink and cut the image out, trimmimg to give the impression of a body in between the wings.
I stamped the text from Lynne's Affirmations stamp set 2 on the card with Archival Potting Soil ink and then added the butterfly to finish off.

There's a great prize of a voucher for the online shop for the randomly drawn winner so all you have to do to be in with a chance is enter!

Have a great day and a lovely weekend.
Fliss xx

5 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

I absolutely love your subtle snowdrops against the krafty background - gorgeous card, Fliss!
Alison x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Such a beautiful card Fliss, you've created those snowdrops beautifully
Hugs
Donna xx

Amanda said...

Those snowdrops look so beautiful especially coloured on the kraft.
Love
Amanda x

Nikki Acton said...

Oh I have been looking at that lovely dinky stencil - meaning to so something! This is gorgeous xx

Karenzkardz said...

This is so pretty xx