Sunday 2 April 2017

Spring Postcard

Hello everyone, I hope you've all had a lovely weekend with some sunshine as we had here. It's been really warm too and it seems as if Spring has finally arrived.
I have a postcard to share that I created with the cute little bird stamp that arrived by mistake with my subscriber's copy of Craft Stamper magazine. There was apparently a bit of a backlash about this which was suffered by Trish, the editor, when it was actually the printers error!


I covered the postcard (a That's Crafty! Surfaces white/grey board substrate) with some paper from my bits box that had been coloured with blue and yellow Paper Artsy Fresco Finish acrylic paints.
I stamped the little bird on with Archival Jet Black ink and then with a bit of masking stamped some branch extensions around the bird and also around the top left corner and down the side.
I painted the images with Martha Stewart Satin acrylic paints and glued on some little Hobbycraft flowers.
I stamped on some soaring birds and the text from That's Crafty! Lynne's Affirmations Set 2 to finish. I tried to make it look as if the little bird wanted to soar as well.

Have a good week and see you soon.
Fliss xx

1 comment:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely postcard! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie