Sunday 8 April 2018

Objet Trouve with Baked Textures by Seth Apter

Hello! A post on a Sunday is rather unusual for me but I received some very happy post yesterday as I've finally got my inky mitts on the fab baked textures (aka chunky embossing powders) by Seth Apter for Emerald Creek and I just had to play!
I've made a steampunk type mixed media art panel with unusually for me again, no stamping involved although there is ink.


Here's how it started as the background has a lot of layered paint scraping.


I used Seth Apter's limited edition paints for Paper Artsy, starting off with the most opaque, Midnight and Buff. I followed that up with Mahogany then Key Lime, finishing off with the translucent Terracotta and as you'll see some of the terracotta appears quite a bright orange, serendipity strikes again!

Once I was happy with the background which was made on a That's Crafty! 4.5 x 9 inch white/greyboard panel, I selected some greyboard cogs and gears from my stash of That's Crafty! Bits and Pieces Greyboard Sheets and using VersaMark embossing ink, decorated them up with the baked texture embossing powders. The only 2 not used were Ancient Amber and Vintage Beeswax.

I added the cogs and gears to my background with dimensional glue and then took a Tim Holtz Quote Chip and coloured this by heat embossing with the Vintage Beeswax baked texture which is translucent and really gave the chip a vintage look (I love this one the most I think!).

I finished off with some rusty tin wire through holes at the top, curling one side around a pencil to form a spring shape.

Nothing like a bit of crafting when it's rained nearly all day!
See you soon,
Fliss xx

9 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous backdrop Fliss and wonderful use of the Baked Texture. Wonderful piece. Tracy ❤️❤️

Amanda said...

Great results with the baked textures Fliss
Love
Amanda x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is super Fliss.. Great paint scraping, perfect background for those rust effect cogs. Vintage Beeswax is my fav too..
Big Hugs Tracey xx

Unknown said...

Very nicely explained Fliss.. I liked it “serendipity strikes again”.. Thats cool..

Craftychris said...

This is absolutely fabulous! Love the background for the cool pieces. Those baked textures look amazing! xxx

Dorthe said...

Fantastic scraped paint background, Fliss, and wow the many Baked Textures,
I have only ordered 3 of them - but look so much forward to recieve them.
Love the look of the Rust obe and the Vintage Beeswax , but also the one in teal tone, looks gorgeous,- maybe I will have to order more ,lol. A gorgeous make dear, love your tag.
Hugs, Forthe, xxx

Ink Art Designs said...

This has such a gorgeous background Fliss. I love how you've let the background come through without covering it up. The Vintage Beeswax keeps catching my eye too, it's good to hear that it's your favourite.
Dot x

Sue said...

This is amazing Fliss, I love your painty background and these embossing powders look fab. I really like the sound of the Vintage Beeswax too. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, scrumptious playtime with the new powders. Aren't they fun?!
Alison x